Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Growth Ultrasound!

So much for people telling me I look "tiny" (I hate that. I know people think they are giving you a compliment but it only makes you paranoid - especially when your baby could be at risk for IUGR - intra-uterine growth restriction. But I digress!)

The baby looks great! I had a 29 week growth scan today - and he is officially measuring 30 weeks so one week ahead. And his estimated weight as of today is 3 pounds, 8 ounces! Which is a really, really nice healthy weight for him. I am very relieved and happy .. until my next spaz out. He does like to tuck himself behind my very healthy sized placenta - which explains why sometimes I can barely feel him. And .. he's breech! Uh oh. But no one is worried (and I'm not either) - the consensus is that he has plenty of time and room to turn. And I think he will do exactly that before it's time for him to be born. (And if not, well, we'll cross that bridge if we need to.)

So far, this baby has never let me down. He is my special little boy and I love him so much. Good baby!!! :-)

No comments: