Saturday, January 5, 2008

First Lovenox Injection - Down the Hatch! (So to speak)

Well, I just did my first Lovenox injection. And even though I'm an old pro when it comes to injecting stims .... I was SKEERED to inject the Lovenox after hearing reports of acid like stinging and burning. But I must be acidic too - because I really didn't have much of a reaction.

I put an ice pack on the injection site - just for a minute or so so I was a little numb - and then got impatient so just said screw it - I'm doing it. Popped off the cap - swabbed myself with an alcohol pad - and stuck it in! Needle seems to be a hair thicker than follistim pen - it didn't slide right in like follistim needle does. But it's still a tiny needle so with a little extra shove it was in. And then I EVER SO SLOWLY pushed the plunger (apparently that's key with Lovenox - inject it sloooooowly. So I did.) Finally got it all in there - waited 5 seconds - slowly pulled needle out - swabbed with a little more alcohol and then put the ice pack back on for a few seconds.

And that seems to be that! I barely felt a thing! Gawd, I hope that continues and I turn out to be one of those people who just isn't sensitive to it - it seems like so many people are ... maybe I'm one of the lucky ones!

Glad that's done. Now let's hope it helps my cause - getting, and staying, pregnant!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Glad it went well!

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Do you know of any other bloggers using Lovenox?

beagleblogger at gmail dot com